Here we go again then. A new year. A fresh page on the calendar, an empty space full of possibilities.
I don’t do resolutions but I do like to look forward as much as I look back. My intentions are pretty much unchanged from every other year – I still seek consistency rather than a short-lived annual push.
- Keep embracing the power and the possibility that comes from a reckless yes
- Live more collaboratively and compassionately
- Be less self-indulgent yet kinder to myself
- Spend more time looking people in the eye and meeting up in person
- Let go of things that need to pass and launch myself into those still to come
- Spend more time on Scottish beaches
- Think deeply, share widely
- Remember there is no spoon but the answer *is* in the network
- Don’t just listen, hear
- generally, in all things, JFDI.
And they manifest for this calendar year as these aspirations:
- Keep writing – hopefully a chance to ease off on the celeb obits but keep writing the other stuff; music, fiction, about the digital stuff. Write.
- Make music – come on now, it’s time. Last of the teenage dreams left, so let’s do this. Start today.
- Put on more shows – there’s a load already announced but there’s always room for more, right? RIGHT. (Reckless Yes shows are here by the way).
- Share wildly – good things happen in collaboration and the answer is still in your network.
- Find your balance – it was skewed toward digital, then toward music, but you there’s balance to be found between the two.
- Be scared but do it anyway – because the best adventures are beyond the fence line of your comfort zone
- Nurture your home – both the body you inhabit and the house you live in.
- Be with people – do more of that meeting up in person stuff and make time for the people that make it all worth it.
- Be on your own – time to write that third book.
- Spend more time on Scottish beaches – do it in ball gowns this time.
Let’s do this…bring on 2017!
You can find me on Twitter – please come and chat!
I’m a freelance digital content strategist and journalist. More about me and how to get in touch about working together here.